Quota Media Limited is dedicated to enhancing food security by serving messages about food news, science and politics from businesses, NGOs, governments and research. These messages are communicated through written word, photography and graphic design on our website quota.media.
We are looking for a food policy writing intern, who will be given support to develop their journalistic skills whilst growing the online presence of Quota. You will also receive training and mentoring to enhance your business skills, supported by Quota staff with extensive experience in the press and media.
Responsibilities will include
- Researching and writing stories.
- Reporting the latest news.
- Assisting digital content production and delivery.
The successful applicant needs to be excited about understanding food systems and have a basic understanding of WordPress.
As part of the intern programme, the applicant will receive training in areas relevant to the work which can include:
- Business development and communication
- Research, writing and critical analysis skills
You will also receive mentoring, including CV reviews and interview practice, when searching for a full-time position to follow directly from your time with Quota.
Work can be completed remotely, although occasional meetings in London might be necessary.
- A desire to improve the world
- Drive, independence and commitment
- There are no academic requirements for this role
- Minimum time commitment of 10 hours per week.
Start date flexible.